Thursday, November 17, 2016

Transformation from Player to Coach

How did I start playing table tennis in Coimbatore? 


I use to study good in my primary school period suddenly my studies got dropped after 3rd standard. I studied in St.Michaels hr sec school opposite to royal theatre not many would know. So my poor score in exams continued till 6th standard. My father asked me to pick a sport so I might get interested in sports atleast. I use to see my father playing table tennis and bring big trophies to home. So I decided to learn table tennis so one day I to will win trophies like him. I attended the summer camp organized by Sunith sir in CMS school, 100ft road, Gandhipuram during my 6th standard summer leaves. I use to do exercises for 1hr and practice for 1hr initially. I played my first tournament in cadets category at Bharati colony community hall, peelemedu organized by cdtta. In my first tournament i was unseeded and beat no.1 in semi finals and no.2 in finals both players are from YTTA, saibaba colony. School reopened and I wished to continue practicing but I stayed in Srinivasa nagar, Madukarai Road,near sundarapuram and clubs is at 100ft road Gandhipuram. I use to pack my bat and kit in morning itself, take bus from my place to school and 3.30pm school ends and I will catch a bus from town hall mostly bus no.5, it will be Rs 2.00 ticket cost, I will get down in karpagam complex bus stop and walk to CMS school. Since my house is 15km from coaching center I use to play only 1hr that too with practice partner. Coach will come at 6.00pm at that time I will pack my things to home. Again I will catch a bus to Gandhipuram bus stand and from Gandhipuram to My house another bus. I will take 1hr journey to home in a heavily crowded bus. Then sometime later Sunith sir moved his club to Bharati colony community hall, peelemedu. Again after leaving from school I have to catch a 90A somannur bus and get down at Esso bunk and walk to the club. And again catch a bus and get down at ukkadam and take another bus to home. I don't know how, don't know whether it's because of this tedious travel in bus, my studies got improved gradually and I started to get into top 5 rank in class. Sports gives you self confidence to over come road blocks. People who think sports is disturbance to studies might think twice after my life story. My story might not be great story but I have experienced sports didn't stop me from getting top rank in class. Again in my polytechnic career I secured 88% with 2 State title for PSG Polytechnic College. And then I moved to Chennai for higher studies in SSN. It has been a decent and small journey as player.
Start playing Table Tennis it helps you to improve your studies. You might be in IIM some day who knows.

No comments:

Followers

Keywords

Table Tennis Coach, Table Tennis Coaching Center, Table Tennis Academy, Table Tennis Clubs, Table Tennis Coaches, Table Tennis University, Table Tennis Master, Table Tennis Expert, Table Tennis Coaching Tutorials, Coimbatore District Table Tennis Association, Table Tennis Coaching Wiki, Table Tennis in Schools Program, Table Tennis Coimbatore, Table Tennis Athelate, Table Tennis Players, Table Tennis Professional, ITTF, TTFI